NWA CYCLING NEWS & EVENTS
REGIONAL CYCLING NEWS!
NOW HIRING! | BikeNWA
New OCA Sponsor! | Teaching Traction
Product Review | Specialized Roubaix
New Feature Alert! | Razorback Greenway
Ozark Cycling Apparel | In Stock
Slow Streets | Fayetteville
Slow Streets Sundays | Bentonville-Fayetteville
Robbie The Troll Scavenger Hunt | NWA
Fat Tire Festival | Eureka Springs
Arkansas Enduro Virtual Series | NWA
Ben Geren MTB Trail Love | Ft. Smith
Intermediate/Advanced MTB Skills Clinic | Bentonville
Tuesday Night Worlds | This Fayetteville group ride has existed for 20 years and is cycling tradition in Fayetteville. Leaving @ 5:30 from The Bike Route or @ 6 from the parking lot adjacent to the Life Source building. Spirited pace with two regroups. This is a “try and drop you” race practice kind of ride. ROUTE: Wyman-Goshen-Tuttle-Elkins-Sulphur City-Black Oak. Click here for STRAVA link.
555 TNT Road Ride | This Bentonville group ride meets @ 5:55 from the Bentonville Square. 35-45 mile ride, spirited pace with several regroups. This is a “try and drop you” race practice kind of ride. No whining! ROUTE: TBD
BikeNWA IS HIRING!
SlowStreetsNWA <– application URL
- “BikeNWA is hiring part-time positions for their upcoming Slow Streets happening every Sunday this Summer in Fayetteville and Bentonville!”
- BikeNWA is hiring multiple positions for both –
- Crew Member, $13/hour – Each city has a Slow Streets program plan to meet the needs of that route and community. Slow Streets Crew Members are responsible for the setup and breakdown of the street closure barricades, signage, and all program materials under the direction of the Event Manager and/or City Lead. This is a labor position and applicants should be prepared to work outdoors in a variety of conditions.
- Crew Leader, $14.50/hour – Each city has a Slow Streets program plan to meet the needs of that route and community. Slow Streets Crew Leaders are responsible for the setup and breakdown of the street closure barricades, signage, and all program materials under the direction of the Event Manager and/or City Lead. Crew Leaders work closely with the City Lead to execute the program in their city. They will help lead Crew Members through setup/breakdown and are responsible for driving vehicles with trailers. This is a labor position and applicants should be prepared to work outdoors in a variety of conditions.
- Both part-time
- Positions are available for Bentonville and Fayetteville – CLICK HERE AND APPLY NOW!
Our sponsors keep the wheels turning here at OCA. Super pleased to announce the addition of Teaching Traction! We want to keep pumping out regional cycling news/information for years to come. If you like what we do here at OCA please check out this new sponsor! Sponsor Spotlight with Dusty Pruitt of Teaching Traction. Click on the image above to find out more!
Road bike with suspension? That is correct! Our latest Product Review on the Specialized Roubaix. Click on the image above.
Whoa! Look at this new bridge on the Greenway!
Northwest Arkansas CYCLING EVENTS
Slow Streets in Fayetteville lasts through August. Click on the image for details.
Started yesterday in NWA. Click on image for details.
CANCELLED – This weekend in Eureka Springs. Click on image for details.
Starting this weekend in NWA. Click on image for details.
Sunday’s in Bentonville and Fayetteville. Click on image for details.
This Sunday in Ft. Smith. Click on image for deatils.
This Sunday in Bentonville. Click on image for details.
Local GROUP RIDES
Get connected to group rides that fit your level of cycling! During the season these rides happen each week barring inclement weather. Please connect with ride organizers for detailed information.
Eurekan Gran Fondo & Multi Sport FestivalJuly 17-19 @ Eureka SpringsYear Around Event (2020) cst https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?ll=36.390598,-93.709511&spn=0.002483,0.004823&msa=0&mid=znTw0h8HKKHM.kWcBHBVgns4M