The BMC crew from Bellview will be attempting a 150 mile ride on October 10 beginning at 8:00 from Belview Elementary. All are welcome to join but there are guidelines
The BMC crew from Bellview will be attempting a 150 mile ride on October 10 beginning at 8:00 from Belview Elementary. All are welcome to join but there are guidelines that I am asking all to adhere to.
1. The pace on the hills will be throttled way back to allow some of us to have a fighting chance to finish the entire ride. So when the road is flat we will ride between 20 to 22 but when it goes uphill we will back off considerably.
2. There will be hard regroups at the top of all the “big hills”
3. If a rider (including me) is unable to keep the tempo of the ride when its flat or small rollers then that person will be on his/her own to finish the ride or call for a ride home. In other words we will not be riding down to the lowest persons ability. I am striving for a pace that accommodates most riders. My goal is
18 – 19 mph.
4. A sag will be provided (hopefully) for the last 43 mi of the ride in case riders can’t make it in.
5. The group will wait for riders with flat tires until the 107 mi mark. Around that time the sag should be there. Once the sag arrives any rider with a flat tire will be expected to change it alone and should get a ride in the sag car back to the group at which point they can rejoin.
6. I am asking each rider to donate $5.00 to $10.00 to the sag driver for gas as a “thank you” for watching guys ride bikes on a Saturday afternoon.
7. Three water stops. 40 mi 80 mi 110ish but a 4th water stop is available (I will be asking that water stops be reasonable so the group can get rolling
8. Expect 8 to 8.5 hours on the bike and another 45 minutes at stops. So if you are on a time budget you probably shouldn’t join. We want to give guys a chance to do something epic. If you’re trying to race back it all falls apart.
9. Please email me closer to the date if you plan to attend. It will be helpful to have an idea of how large the group will be.
Link to route. Also posted below. https://ridewithgps.com/routes/33347912
Year Around Event (2020)